11/02/2006

Joke of this year

"We don't censor the Internet. Really."


Cai Wu(蔡武), Minister of the State Council Information office, China, claimed at a United Nations summit here that no Net censorship existed at all.

"I don't think we should be using different standards to judge China. In China, we don't have software blocking Internet sites. Sometimes we have trouble accessing them. But that's a different problem. I know that some colleagues listen to the BBC in their offices from the Webcast. And I've heard people say that the BBC is not available in China or that it's blocked. I'm sure I don't know why people say this kind of thing. We do not have restrictions at all. "

Here is the news from cnet. (It is quite interesting to follow the comments of the article, you may find out the world really knows little about China.....)
Also check 中国大陆是全世界网路最自由的国家.


My comment is, net sensor is everywhere in the world, in Greece, in Russia or in the USA. Unfortunately, it seems to be the most stupid answer ever given to the question.


Here is the visit chart of my blogspot. There is a boom during Oct, when blogspot changed to a new network section. Then what caused the sudden drop on 27th..... Shouldn't be the the not-existing-GFW.




No comments: